Hiring Program Manager Synthetic Biology
Manager Synthetic Biology Program Summary
The position of Manager Synthetic Biology Program is available within the Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering to support the research program of the Abell Chair in Synthetic Biology. This position is located at Colorado State University in Fort Collins, CO.
The Manager Synthetic Biology Program will provide administrative support to the program, manage the daily operations of current projects, coordinate the preparation of new funding proposals, and contribute to the program communication strategy. The Coordinator will collaborate with project stakeholders to ensure program resources are tracked and maintained to project commitments.
Responsibilities of Manager Synthetic Biology Program
Project management (60%)
- Use project management tools and techniques to ensure that research projects remain on schedule and on budget.
- Work in partnership with the Principal Investigator and other university personnel overseeing different aspects of project execution.
- Review and approve certain grant expenses.
- Assist with staffing projects with students, new employees, or contractors
- Assist in the preparation of progress reports
- Lead the development of Standard Operating Procedures.
- Run monthly performance reports of research activity.
- Develop spending projections to aid PI in planning.
- Assist in the preparation of scientific publications and communications
- Execute and develop communication strategies to increase the program visibility on the web and in social media.
Proposal development (40%)
- Find, review and, analyze funding opportunities
- Develop relations with government sponsors and corporate clients
- Manage the proposal submission pipeline
- Transform research project ideas into research proposals corresponding meeting the needs of the sponsors.
- Assemble, update, edit support non-scientific documents
- Request, collect, review, and edit contributions from different collaborators as appropriate
- Work with the College of Engineering Business Office as needed
- Draft, review, proofread, and edit research plans
- Prepare figures in collaborations with scientists
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific, engineering, or business or related field.
- Experience in program management, development, or sales of technical services.
- Excellent writing skills in a number of different formats including formal proposals, web sites, emails, and various social media.
- Excellent oral communication skills in individual meetings, project meetings and over the phone.
- Experience communicating with a large number of partners at different levels of seniority.
- The successful candidate must be eligible to work in the United States by proposed start date. Colorado State University will not provide visa sponsorship for this position.
- MS or PhD in a life science or engineering field
- Experience preparing proposals in response to government RFPs
- Experience executing government contracts.
- Experience working in an institution of higher education
- Experience using project management software and methods
- Experience using a Customer Relation Management system
Additional information information and applications instructions are available at https://jobs.colostate.edu/postings/39278